Thursday, March 10, 2011

Today is my Birthday

Today is my birthday.  29 years of fun.  Its been a really great day, starting off with breakfast with my husband, lunch with a great friend, and even a surprise mini celebration from my first graders!  It was great!  I even made some AMAZING 'made from scratch' cupcakes with amazing 'made from scratch' frosting.  BEST. CUPCAKES. EVER.

I'll write more about my birthday extravaganza this weekend.

Right now I just want to say that the best birthday gift EVER is that SO MANY people I love, adore, work with, live near, sort of know, met once, or don't know at all signed the petition for Ethiopian children.  I'm blown away by your support.  Thank you for spreading the word to the people you know as well.  You are an amazing support group.

And in case you haven't signed this petition yet… do it now :)  Just click HERE.  It only takes a few seconds.  Thank you in advance :)

David and I have a million questions right now that we won't get the answers to for awhile.  We are hoping this change with the Ministry of Woman's Affairs is temporary.  We hope any day now we'll get an email that things are back to normal.

But in the mean time, we are clinging to our knowledge that this is the path God has put us on, and we are on it for a reason.  His timing is perfect, and every hiccup we cross in this journey happens with purpose.  We have been overjoyed over the past two days with news of referrals even during this time of unknowns.  We rejoice with the families who now know who their sweet babies are.  And we are looking forward to our turn.  Whenever that may be.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Didn't know you were a first grade teacher too! They're the best! Praying alongside you guys for the children of Ethiopia!

Alison said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! :) Glad you had a great day! Praying like crazy!!!

Momstef said...

Stay positive, my sweet daughter. I, too, am amazed at the support and love.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers