Monday, September 6, 2010

5 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days...

 Today I was looking at the cute little stork that pops up above my latest posts.  It tells me how long we've been in this adoption process.  And yes, its been 5 months, 1 week and 6 days since we started the process.    This time so far has flown by.  We have had paperwork coming out of our ears to complete.  We've been running around getting things notarized and reviewed and written.  Its been a whirlwind.  But now we have nothing to do but wait.

And its hard.  Waiting is SO hard.  And we've even been told we may have to wait longer than what we originally thought when we started the process.   Its hard because I'm ready for this sweet child right now.  Like RIGHT NOW.   But I'll keep waiting :)  As long as it takes, I'll wait.

And I'll watch my little stork move across that line.  Because every little bit that stork moves brings me closer to our little one.

4 comments:

Makenzie said...

Big hugs! I hope that the wait isn't too terrible and that somehow the process speeds up. And once you get your baby in your arms, the wait will be so worth it!

Patience said...

I'm somehow jealous. We are also working with AGCI to adopt from Ethiopia, but we don't have our dossier in yet. Every day, it seems like there's one more thing we didn't do yet. Hang in there. I follow your progress with great interest!

MacKenzie said...

Makenzie... I know you are right :) The wait will be SO worth it! :)

and Patience, keep working on that Dossier! It feels AMAZING to turn it in!

MacKenzie said...

Makenzie... I know you are right :) The wait will be SO worth it! :)

and Patience, keep working on that Dossier! It feels AMAZING to turn it in!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers